Last Updated: 11th September 2018
Olivia Greenwell understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. I respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, oliviagreenwell.com (“Our Site”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with my obligations and your rights under the law.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- “Cookie” means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by My Site are set out in Part 14, below; and
- “Cookie Law” means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003;
2. Information About Me
Our Site is owned and operated by Inspiring Life Design, a Sole Trader, acting as my publisher.
Main trading address: Inspiring Life Design, Unit 16991, PO Box 15113, Birmingham, B2 2NJ
Data Protection Officer: Corinna Phillips
Email address: email@example.com
Postal Address: Inspiring Life Design, Unit 16991, PO Box 15113, Birmingham, B2 2NJ
We are regulated by the Information Commissioner’s Office.
3. What Does This Policy Cover?
4. What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
5. What Are My Rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you. Part 13 will tell you how to do this.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us using the details in Part 15 to find out more.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have. Please contact us using the details in Part 15 to find out more.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way.
For more information about our use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us using the details provided in Part 15.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
6. What Data Do We Collect?
Name; Email address; Information about your preferences and interests; IP address; Web browser type and version; Operating system; A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to;
7. How Do You Use My Personal Data?
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data may be used for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your access to Our Site;
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on Our Site;
- Supplying our products or services to you. Your personal details are required in order for us to enter into a contract with you.
- Personalising and tailoring our products and services for you.
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
- Supplying you with information by email that you have opted-in to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking unsubscribe in any email we send you).
- Analysing your use of Our Site and gathering feedback to enable us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email with information, news, and offers on our products and services. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
Third Parties (including Google Analytics, Convertkit & Amazon Associates) whose content appears on Our Site may use third-party Cookies, as detailed below in Part 14. Please refer to Part 14 for more information on controlling cookies. Please note that we do not control the activities of such third parties, nor the data that they collect and use themselves, and we advise you to check the privacy policies of any such third parties.
8. How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Your personal data will therefore be kept for the following periods (or, where there is no fixed period, the following factors will be used to determine how long it is kept):
- Name - until you unsubscribe from the email subscription(s) you provided your name for;
- Email Address – until you unsubscribe from the email subscription(s) you provided your email address for;
- Information about your preferences and interests – the life of this website;
- IP address – the life of this website;
- Web browser type and version – the life of this website;
- Operating system – the life of this website;
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to – the life of this website;
9. How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data?
We may store or transfer some or all of your personal data in countries that are not part of the European Economic Area (the “EEA” consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein). These are known as “third countries” and may not have data protection laws that are as strong as those in the UK and/or the EEA. This means that we will take additional steps in order to ensure that your personal data is treated just as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the GDPR as follows.
Where we transfer your data to a third party based in the US, this may be protected if they are part of the EU-US Privacy Shield. This requires that third party to provide data protection to standards similar to those in Europe. More information is available from the European Commission.
Please contact us using the details below in Part 15 for further information about the particular data protection mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data to a third country.
10. Do You Share My Personal Data?
We may sometimes contract with the following third parties to supply certain services. These may include payment processing, delivery, and marketing. In some cases, those third parties may require access to some or all of your personal data that we hold.
- Convertkit Email Marketing for storage of email subscriber data (name and email address), and for sending out newsletter & marketing emails. Convertkit are based in 750 W Bannock St #761 Boise and are Privacy Shield certified
- Amazon Associates for affiliate marketing, which is where products or services on Our Site are referenced using links which have our affiliate code attached so that we can earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Amazon Affiliates place and access cookies on your devices. Amazon are based in Luxembourg and London in Europe
If any of your personal data is required by a third party, as described above, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data is handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the third party’s obligations under the law, as described above in Part 9.
If any personal data is transferred outside of the EEA, we will take suitable steps in order to ensure that your personal data is treated just as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the GDPR, as explained above in Part 9.
In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
11. How Can I Control My Personal Data?
In addition to your rights under the GDPR, set out in Part 5, when you submit personal data via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict our use of your personal data. In particular, we aim to give you strong controls on our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in our emails and at the point of providing your details.
You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
12. Can I Withhold Information?
You may access certain areas of Our Site without providing any personal data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
13. How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown in Part 15.
There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover our administrative costs in responding.
We will respond to your subject access request within 28 days and, in any case, not more than one month of receiving it. Normally, we aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date we receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of our progress.
15. How Do I Contact You?
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details:
For the attention of: Corinna Phillips
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal Address: Inspiring Life Design, Unit 16991, PO Box 15113, Birmingham, B2 2NJ
16. About Amazon Affiliates
Inspiring Life Design, and Our Site, is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.co.uk.
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change our business in a way that affects personal data protection.
18. Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
All the information on this website and in Olivia’s books is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. Olivia Greenwell does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (oliviagreenwell.com) or in Olivia’s books is strictly at your own risk. Olivia Greenwell will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of this website or her books.
From this website you can visit other websites and access tools by following hyperlinks to such external sites. While Olivia strives to provide only quality links to useful and ethical websites, she has no control over the content and nature of these sites. These links to other websites do not imply a recommendation for all the content found on these sites. Site owners and content may change without notice and may occur before Olivia has the opportunity to remove a link which may no longer be fit for the purpose it was originally intended.
Please also be aware that when you leave the website, other sites may have different privacy policies which are beyond Olivia’s control. Please be sure to check the Privacy Policies of these sites as well as their ‘Terms of Service’ before engaging in any business or uploading any information.
By using this website and any links contained therein, you hereby consent to this disclaimer and agree to its terms.
From time to time I use affiliate links and advertisements on oliviagreenwell.com, which means that if you click on a link or advertisement and subsequently make a purchase, I may receive a small percentage of the sale as commission, at no extra cost to you. Advertisements on oliviagreenwell.com will not necessarily represent my views or opinions. Clicking on these affiliate links or advertising is entirely optional and at your own choice. The small income generated from these affiliations and advertisements helps to support the ongoing maintenance of oliviagreenwell.com.
I only write about and promote products, tools and services which I find value in and which I believe others may find value in too. I would never promote anything which I did not believe in for the sake of earning a commission.
Inspiring Life Design (my publisher) and OliviaGreenwell.com are participants in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk.